Now that PERRLA Online has the APA 7th Edition, you may want to move one of your existing papers from the APA 6th Edition over.
There isn't an automatic way to do this (because they use completely different reference engines). But, you can move your content to a new paper.
Doing this will still require you to recreate any tables, figures, and citations in the new paper. So it may be easiest to finish your paper where it's at and start your next paper in APA 7.
Here's how you'd move your paper's content:
- Create a new APA 7th Edition Paper in PERRLA Online
- Open your existing paper in a separate tab in your browser
You can do this by right clicking the paper in PERRLA Online, then selecting "Open in a new tab."
- Copy the body of the paper from your original paper. Do NOT include Figures or Tables.
If you have figures and tables, they cannot be copied and pasted into the new paper. You will need to recreate them.
- Paste the text into the new APA 7th Edition Paper
- Add your References through the References & Citations panel
The first time you use a reference in APA 7, you will have to update it to the new format.
- Remove and recreate your citations using the References & Citations panel
Copied citations are not connected to any reference and they won't be updated to match the new APA 7 citation guidelines. If you leave them in your paper, they could be incorrect.