In a change from the 6th Edition, the APA no longer requires a Running Head in a student paper in the 7th Edition.
However, if your professor would still prefer to see a Running Head in your student paper, then you'll obviously want to abide.
After you've started your APA 7 Student Research Paper in PERRLA Online, take the following steps:
- Click the Title Page icon in the ribbon above your paper.
- Scroll to the bottom of the PERRLA panel to the right of your paper.
You'll see '+ Add running head' in green, as well as a note reminding you that a Running Head is not a standard part of a Student Research Paper in APA 7th Edition.
- Click on '+ Add running head'.
- Type your Running Head in the field provided.
- Click the green 'Update Title Page' button at the bottom of the PERRLA panel.
Presto! Just like that, you've added a Running Head to your Student Research Paper (and simultaneously fulfilled your professor's wishes).