Having released the APA 7th Edition version of our PERRLA for Word product on January 13, 2020, we are now working on adding APA 7th Edition functionality to PERRLA Online. We expect to complete this task during the Spring Semester of 2020.
Don’t panic! You can still create APA 7th Edition papers…
For those with papers due in the short-term:
Your PERRLA subscription includes the use of PERRLA Online AND PERRLA for Word. Even if it’s not your preferred platform, you can temporarily use PERRLA for Word to write your APA 7th Edition papers.
- There is no additional cost to use PERRLA for Word
- As a student, you can get a free copy of Microsoft Word (click here to get started)
- Our newest version of PERRLA for Word is nice! Some of you may prefer to stick with PERRLA for Word for the long-haul.
For those writing a thesis or dissertation:
There’s a lot that goes into planning a thesis and/or dissertation. It takes a considerable amount of time. And every day you’re working on this, we’re one day closer to releasing an APA 7th Edition version of PERRLA Online.
Your options, while we work in parallel with each other:
- Write the body of your paper in another text editor, pasting the text into a new APA 7th Edition PERRLA document as soon as our software is released.
- Write your thesis/dissertation as an APA 6th Edition paper in PERRLA and convert it to 7th Edition later. The APA 6th Edition references you create can be converted to APA 7th Edition without having to re-enter the data. While converting an APA 6th Edition paper to APA 7th Edition isn’t something you do with the push of a button, it’s something you can do in hours - not days.