PERRLA Contains NO VIRUSES OR TROJANS!
Sometimes anti-virus software reports "false positives," making it appear as though our software contains a virus. It does not. You can safely install it with no worries. If you have antivirus software running on your computer, it may interrupt this process. We recommend temporarily suspending/turning-off the antivirus software while PERRLA is updated. You can then turn it back on once PERRLA is installed.
We recently made an update to the PERRLA for Word application on Windows. This new version included a few bug updates, improvements for improper anti-virus warnings, and some behind the scene tweaks for better security when talking with our servers.
How to upgrade to PERRLA version 7.7.5 (Windows)
There are several ways you can upgrade your software:
2) Log into your account on www.perrla.com and click on Download PERRLA for Word.
3) If you are running an older version of PERRLA, you should be prompted to update when you launch the PERRLA for Word application. Follow these steps to download and install the new version.
- Click Upgrade
At bottom of the screen you will be asked, “What do you want to do with setup.exe?”
- Click Run
You may see a message "Running security scan” followed by a pop-up stating: “Windows defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.” This is a precaution that Windows takes for application downloads.
- Click on More Info
- Click Run Anyway
You will see a message that says, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
- Click Yes
- Check the box for Create A Desktop Shortcut
- Click Next
- Click Install
You can find this under Ready to Install
- Check the box for Automatically Close Applications
- Click Finish once the installation is complete
- Restart or reboot your computer
That's it! The latest version of PERRLA has been installed and you're ready to start writing again. You can launch PERRLA just like you did before to get started.
If you have trouble updating PERRLA for Word, please reach out to Customer Support using the link below.