Adding an APA or MLA formatted table to your paper in PERRLA Online is easy.
- Place the cursor in the Editor where you want the table to appear
- Click the Insert Table icon in the Editor menubar
You can find the Insert Table icon in the middle of the second menubar in the PERRLA Online Editor (see image above).
- Insert the Table's details
- Give your Table a title
- Set the number of columns and rows for your table
- Optionally, type any notes for the Table
- Click OK
That's it! We'll automatically add your table to your paper with the correct formatting.
Now you can fill in the table's information with the relevant data.
The table formatting in the Editor tab only holds the content of the table. It does not reflect the formatting of the final table once it is exported/printed. To edit the table's formatting (size, width, layout), you need to export your paper and make those changes in Microsoft Word or another word-processor.
This is something that we hope to make better in a future version.