If you want to remove a Reference from one of your PERRLA Online papers, its just two-clicks away.
However, there are a few things you should know about removing References first.
- Removing a Reference does not delete it from PERRLA. It is still available in your Reference Library and can be re-added to your paper at any time.
- If the Reference has Citations in the paper, all of its Citations will be deleted and replaced with "DELETED CITATION". We do this to keep you from accidentally plagiarizing. Re-adding the Reference does not restore the deleted Citations in your paper. You will have to re-create them manually.
With that out of the way, here's how to remove a Reference.
- Make sure the References & Citations panel is open in the Editor tab
It is open by default when you enter the Editor tab. If you don't see it, click References & Citations in the Editor menubar.
- Click the X (Remove) icon beside the Reference
- Click Delete Reference & Citations
Remember, the Reference is only removed. The Citations are deleted.
That's all there is to it.
The Reference will be removed from the paper and the Citations will be replaced with the deleted citation text.
You can use the Error Checker to automatically remove the Deleted Citation text if you'd like. You can run it by clicking the shield with a checkmark icon in the Editor menu.