Here's how it works:
- Place your cursor where you want the citation
PERRLA will place the Citation wherever your cursor is located in Word.
- Click Create Citation in the PERRLA menu
The PERRLA menu is located in the Microsoft Word Add-Ins menu-tab, not References.
- Select the Citation's Reference in the list
If you haven't added any References to your paper yet, click here to see how to create a new Reference or add an existing one.
- Click Select in the bottom right
- Enter the Citation's information
If you don't want to enter the citation's information or there isn't a specific location for it, click Not a Direct Quote to create a generic citation for the Reference.
- Click OK
That's it! PERRLA will add your new citation into your paper at the cursor's location.
You can continue to add new Citations to your paper by repeating this process.